Saturday, November 3, 2012

Babble: Nanowrimo Kick-off party and the first couple of days of writing

I was exhausted when I got to our kick-off venue. I had spent most of the night still putting some goodie stuff together. It still didn't seem like all that much.. The waiter told me that despite my emailing the owner and arranging the table booking over a week in advance, they had no booking for me. Fortunately, they had virtually zero clientele at that moment and tables quickly got moved to accommodate ten people. I didn't know how many would come. We knew of four confirmed, two who may be gatecrashing. I figured ten would be enough. My co-ML brought his lot of goodies and that made the packets rather awesome, I thought.

We ended up being seven wrimos in total, one +1 there for moral support. Not bad at all.

Our region has always been the one with very few actual participants. What we lack in numbers, however, we more than make up in enthusiasm. We are known for our enthusiasm. That tells you something.

So the kick-off went rather well. 

As for the actual writing. My months of planning is really paying off. I'm having a lot of fun writing. Every time the planning falters, spontaneity steps in.When my mind fails to think of something, my handy-dandy file has the answers. I'm about 954 words short of 10 000. I might actually make 100k this year. I really want to. I was pretty darn close last year, but my story was virtually non-existent and I couldn't think of any other crap to write down. Not that I would have made the goal even if I had continued, but still. 

This time I can totally make it, I think what I'm writing isn't all that bad and if I like it then what else matters, right? Right.

So... so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your own twak!