Sunday, November 11, 2012

Babble - Nanowrimo - the first week

The first week was rather frustrating, but then I knew it would be. Work has gone from crazy to the point of "Please someone come fetch us and make sure the strait-jackets have purple buckles!" Which means, I had a couple of really awesome writing days and then some really crappy ones.

Also, I missed my one coursera deadline which means I won't actually have my course be 'complete'... ever. That's a little disappointing too. The task just completely slipped my mind and yeah... I still have one essay I need to do and a couple of quizzes - which basically consists of single questions that you end up guessing, but anyhoo.

This week is not necessarily going to be any easier. Work is work and everyone wants me to do something they gave me which means I'm bringing stuff home to do as well. There simply isn't enough time in a workday. And it's not a matter of "oh, stuff that, just finish when you can." Some of the  funding we're getting is dependent on this and that funding needs to still be paid out this year. If we don't get the funding next year, the boat sinks. It's really as simple as that. So yeah... stress.

I want to crawl my way back. I really do. If I can somehow manage to make my target, I'll be absolutely ecstatic.

We'll see.

For now I'm giving myself two hours of writing and then I need to get back to work. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your own twak!